2017 Winter Teen Camp
Saturday, February 18 through 20th, 2017 - Presidents Day Weekend
at Camp Mason, Hardwick, NJ
Join Us for the 2017 Winter Weekend Teen Camp
This years winter camp promises to be a fun event with lots of activities including:
Rock Wall Climbing/Winter Hiking/Archery/Sledding/Arts & Crafts/Baking/Sports/Movies/Board
Games/Jigsaw Puzzles/Roaring Fireplaces/Smores and MORE!!!
You are eligible to attend if you are:
1. Returning or new camper, ages 13-17 years of age (by 2/18/17) who has been diagnosed with cancer, regardless of the stage of illness and can be out of a hospital setting
2. former (Alumni) camper of our summer camp ages 18, 19 or 20 by 2/18/17.
3. 2016 trained companion or staff
Due to space limitations, volunteers will be chosen in the following order:
1. companions with campers that are attending the winter camp
2. All other volunteers as needed to run the program.
Cost: No cost to any attendees.
Includes: Overnight stay in heated cabins; Lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Snacks galore.
Winter Teen Camp is a great time to reconnect with friends and maybe meet new ones. There will be many trained volunteers at Winter Teen Camp and a minimum of two nurses, but campers will not be paired with a companion.
Two Choices of transportation:
1. Provide your own transportation to and from Camp Mason. or,
2. Meet at CentraState Medical Center, Freehold, NJ main entrance at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday for a van trip to Camp Mason. The van will return to CentraState Medical Center on Monday between 1:30 and 2pm. Overnight parking is available.
Note: Some may campers travel to and/or from Camp Mason with a Camp Quality volunteer. We don’t encourage this arrangement; however, if the camper will
be in the car with a volunteer, a waiver must be submitted to CQNJ prior to the date of the trip.
1. Camp Mason Waiver (all) Download
2. Camp Quality USA waiver form (all) Download
3. Camper application Download, volunteer application Download, or Guest Winter Camp Application Download (choose 1)
4. Activity Participation Form (camper) Download
5, Medication Form Download
Physical exam must be within one year of camp date for all campers. All campers must complete and bring the Medication Prescription Form with them on February 18, 2017. Medications must be in original bottles and placed in clear Ziploc bags. All camper and volunteer medications are to be turned over to medical staff. Please let director/winter teen camp coordinator know in advance of Winter Camp if your medical condition has changed since 2016 summer camp.
Due to Camp Mason and transportation requirements, we cannot guarantee a place for anyone that does not submit an application by January 25, 2017 Return applications to email@example.com or mail to: Camp Quality New Jersey, C/O Olivia Shaker, 129 West 3rd St., Bayonne, NJ 07002.
What to Bring?
Clothes: It is winter! Bring winter clothes including a coat, hat, gloves, scarf, sweater, long underwear, warm socks, boots, change of shoes, snow gear... the temperatures in the mountains are typically at least 10 degrees lower than the lower sections of the state. Layers of clothing are highly recommended. Bring pajamas and a change of clothing/extra socks. Do not show up unprepared.
Sheets/Bedding: each camper is responsible to bring their own sheets, pillow & blanket/sleeping bag. Although the cabins are heated, it will still be winter so make sure to bring blankets or make sure your sleeping bag is rated for winter.
Toiletries: Bring soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant, towels.
Cabins: We will sleep in a heated cabin.
Activities: We have activity plans for various weather conditions. There will be indoor and outdoor activities. If there is snow on the ground, please bring your own sled/tube. The camp has a limited supply, and may not have enough for everybody. If conditions allow we can ice skate. Please bring your own skates. Bring any games/equipment you prefer.
Camp Mason Emergency Contact Info: 908-362-8217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Teen Camp Coordinator: Olivia Shaker 201 232 1575
If you have any questions, please contact
Olivia Shaker at 201 232 1575