- Campers must be between 5 and 17 by 8/12/17
- Must have been diagnosed with cancer
- May be at any stage of treatment or in remission
- Able to spend a week away from home or the hospital
We do have limited space and therefore:
- Priority is given to campers on active treatment and returning campers
- New camper applicants in remission will be accepted after new and returning campers on active treatment and returning campers in remission on the basis of available capacity and bunk availability.
- The deadline for all 2017 applications is before July 1, 2017
Each child is matched with a volunteer companion aged 18 or older for the entire week. Companions are an important part of the camp’s success. With individualized attention, children are well cared for while they are away from family members. Each companion goes through a strict training and meets stringent criteria before being matched. Special care is given to match the camper with a companion to ensure that the companion is emotionally capable of attending to the needs of the camper and that the camper benefits from the experience and relationship that will carry throughout the year, beyond the one week camping experience
There is a professional medical staff on site at the camp, 24 hours/day that dispense meds and attend to the medical needs of the camper. Camp Quality New Jersey has partnered with CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, NJ to provide medical staffing support, medical supplies, and in assisting with the identification of children with cancer who are eligible to benefit from the program.
On-line Summer Camper Application
In our continuous efforts to provide the best possible care to our campers and staff, Camp Quality is partnering with CampDoc.com. CampDoc.com offers online registration and an electronic health record system for camps. Their system will help us consolidate and integrate camper registration and health information into a centralized and secure location. The security, confidentiality and privacy of your camper’s personal health information will always be protected. Only Camp Quality's health staff will have access to camper health information, and the CampDoc.com site is secure, encrypted and password protected
1) You have a separate application to enter for multiple campers (patient) in the same family, if applicable.
2) This application will save anything you enter so you won't lose what you've entered if you get interrupted.
3) Camper applicants can download the physical information form and upload it to the application once completed by the physician.
4) The application is also mobile-friendly, so it can be used on your smartphone or IPAD.
5) If you use the same login information from one year to the next, much of the information will auto- populate from last year. You will need to review it all to make sure it is still accurate.
If you need assistance, please contact Marian Lustig: email@example.com.
Suggested Summer Camp Packing List for Campers