For our summer 2015 camp, we have a special need for nursing staff during camp week
Volunteer Requirements (Companions AND Staff)
- Complete the online application thoroughly
- At least 18 years of age and 1 year out of high school at camp time.
- Provide three (3) references.
- Pass a "Police Record Check".
- Complete a personal interview in Freehold, NJ
- Complete a full day of Training in Freehold, NJ on a designated training day in May.
- Must be willing to wait until mid-June for an acceptance decision.
For every child/camper who registers with our program, a 1-on-1 companion is assigned. As a Companion, You offer friendship to a boy or girl through fun activities. By committing a little time, you can bring a great deal of joy into a young life. Companions are the backbone of our program. A companion is expected to bring fun and to fully participate in all the activities their camper chooses and to be a positive role model.
The selection of companions is driven by the number of campers, the camper's physical and emotional condition, and the camper's personal interests. We make a special effort to ensure that the process of pairing a companion with a camper is done with the camper's best interest in mind.
Our need for staff volunteers at camp is limited. However, we do have a need for year round staff volunteers on our management team to support many of the programs for our kids. A staff volunteer must have an ability to manage multiple tasks and personnel, possess effective communication and people skills, be motivated to dedicate time to a charitable cause, and attend monthly management meetings in the Freehold, NJ area.
Campers and volunteers are to arrange their own transportation to the campground. Companions and staff volunteers will continue to be able to park and carpool from CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, NJ.