Greetings Camp Quality Kentuckiana Families:
The CQKI Camp Organizing Committee (COC) are pleased to announce that in-person camp will take place June 19-24 at Country Lake Christian Retreat. Safety guidelines have been put in place by Camp Quality USA to ensure the safest possible camp experience for our campers, volunteers and staff.
Medical guidelines require volunteers and camp staff to provide proof of vaccination upon registration. In addition, all campers will be required to be fully vaccinated. Camper vaccine status will be determined by their physician and will need to be confirmed on the Camper Physical Exam Form. Exemptions will only be made with a physician recommendation!
Covid vaccines for campers and volunteers will be tracked in our CampDoc registrations and monitored by our camp nurse coordinators plus verified prior to the camp check-in. Additionally, all camp facility staff, whom will be in contact with CQKI campers and staff are required to be vaccinated.
Operationally, CQKI will be creating a “Bubble” around camp during our camp week. This means that everyone who will be at camp, checks-in at the beginning and NO NEW participants, volunteers or visitors will be allowed in. This “Bubble” decreases the risk of additional exposure to campers, staff and volunteers during the camp week.
Due to the CQ USA mandated safety measures, here are some of the changes from our normal procedures;
- Restricted numbers for campers/companions in each dorm mean we can only accommodate 24 campers (12 boys/12 girls) in each of our 3 teams for a maximum number of 72 campers. Registering does not guarantee camper space. If you register your camper after their age group/team has reached capacity, you will be notified that they will be placed on a waiting list. You will then be notified if a spot becomes available later.
- Campers turning 17 prior to camp can register and will be put on a waiting list. If we do not have enough slots to accommodate this age group then a special event will be held in the fall.
- Camper to companion/team leader ratio will be 2 to 1.
- Face masks must be worn at all times except for meals, swimming, showering, drinking and sleeping.
- Sunday Camper check-in will be conducted at the camp facility under guidelines to minimize camper exposure.
- Any camper, volunteer or staff who leaves camp for any reason will not be allowed to return.
- When possible, all activities will be conducted outdoors and when indoors maximum spacing will be instituted as per guidelines.
- Campers will need to be picked up at camp beginning at 1 pm on Friday.
CQKI understands these are different times but in the end having our campers back, even in a more restricted environment, still means they get to go to camp! A parent/guardian online Town Hall meeting will be held in early March to further explain the guidelines and answer questions. Camper registration is available by going to CQKI 2022 Registration .
CQKI Camp Organizing Committee