- Does my child have to be in active treatment to attend?
There is no requirement for a child to be in active treatment. Each camp location determines how spots are filled should there be more applicants than spaces available at camp.
- Do you accept siblings?
This is determined on the local camp level. Please contact your local camp for more specific information.
- Does a child have to be within a certain age range?
Usually, our campers are ages 5-17. Certain events may have different age requirements, like teen weekends. Check with your local camp for more specific information.
- How will my child’s medical needs be met at camp?
We provide 24 hour medical care at all overnight camps where parents are not present. All camps have a doctor on call or on grounds for the entire week.
- How do you select and train staff?
Staff must consent to a background check, complete volunteer training and orientation, complete a reference check, and be interviewed. Camp Quality meets all requirements of our insurance company and the individual state where the camp is located.
- What will in cost for my child to attend camp?
You will incur no other costs than those associated with transportation to and from camp or the designated drop off location for camp. This includes other year-round activities. We raise money throughout the year that allow us to operate at no charge to you.
- Does Camp Quality hold any accreditation?
Camp Quality is a Children’s Oncology Camping Association Gold Ribbon Camp.
- Who is invited to your family camps?
Specifics are determined by the local camp, but usually campers and their immediate family members are invited.
- What if my child has special dietary needs?
Our food service staff at each camp will accommodate whatever dietary needs your child may have.
- Do you also accept Hematology patients?
Acceptance of any camper, including hematology patients, is at the discretion of the local camp and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- How do I register my child for summer camp and additional programs?
Summer camp registration is usually available on the local camp’s website at the beginning of February each year. Additional programs may also require registration online.